Post Production Techniques – More Ideas
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three[youtube.com/watch?v=6-WYm9nl32Q]
When researching title sequences I came across several re-workings of Bullitt on YouTube and so with this in mind I’ve decided to abandon what I’ve done so far and to look at another one of my other Film choices for my Film Titles project that is:- ‘The Taking of Pelham One Two Three’.
Following a number of recent lectures the style of Saul Bass appeals and so I’ve decided to re-work The Taking of Pelham ONE TWO THREE in his style using After Effects. Although I’ve had only limited experience of using this application I hope to be able to build on this during the course of this assignment, as these skills will be almost certainly be of benefit for the future.
As my experience with After Effects is almost non existent at this stage I’m just going to bring all the images and text that I need together and place them into an After Effects sequence. Towards the end of the project look at what effects may be suitable. In this way I’ll have a working Film Title no matter what and if there is time incorporate some effects. I’m mindful though that it can be too easy to load the final Film Title with too many effects which would detract rather than add to the viewing experience.
I need to:-
- Download and install a suitable Saul Bass style FONT
- Generate images of a Train and the main characters
- Come up with a colour scheme
- Music Soundtrack – using Garageband
I need to:-
- Learn how to use After effects
- Add all the images and Titles into an After Effects composition
- If necessary export the completed composition to Premiere Pro for editing